【Recruitment】NCKU Office of Strategic Planning, Project Manager
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), founded in 1931, is one of the most prominent universities in Taiwan, recognized as the 33rd worldwide in the THE world university impact ranking. It is a university with a pragmatic academic climate, solid research strengths, an international learning environment, interdisciplinary innovation, effective academia-industry cooperation. Today, NCKU has 11 colleges and 100 departments in total. The colleges are located on the main campus in Tainan, while the Kuei-jen, An-Nan and Dou-Liu campuses are respectively home to the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, the Tainan Hydraulics Laboratory, and NCKU Hospital Dou-Liou Branch, making the school the most academically comprehensive research-oriented university in Taiwan.
About this opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated and performance-driven Project Manager to manage a portfolio of strategic planning projects, including the provision of specialist planning advice. You will be working as a member in the Office of Strategic Planning (OSP). The OSP is affiliated with the Office of the President. Its main mission is to assist the institution’s executive management team in managing decision-making and conducting research, compiling statistics, performing analysis, and leading strategy planning and related projects.
The successful candidate will provide specialist high level of research administrative and management support to undertake related duties as required to ensure best quality and the effectiveness functioning of the OSP team. You will be playing a critical role in developing strategic plans that guide the development of the institution. This position is also responsible for providing day-to-day support to the Team Leaders, Director and the management team to ensure the performance of all projects within the OSP portfolio.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage performance, monitor processes and prioritize for designated projects; research and contribute to performance improvements, recommend appropriate improvements to build effective performance and strategies
- Be the key contact for Worldwide University Network (WUN) related affairs (internal and external)
- Coordinate the institutional international advisory board meeting
- Draft publicity content, press release, formal letter and manuscript writing in English
- Assist on any Ministry of Education projects - Higher Education Sprout Project and the Program on Bilingual Education for Students in College, including drafting, editing, reviewing various reports and achievement exhibition
- Conduct, analyze and present high-level research to the executive senior management
- Regular monitor the national and international higher education trends and be familiar with the performance and profile of NCKU, including administration processes and requirements
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A degree with at least 2 years subsequent relevant experience
- Excellent proficiency in English and Mandarin, including writing, reading, listening and speaking
- Advanced skills in the use of computer applications, such as Microsoft and Adobe
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues internal and external to the institution
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage and priorities competing tasks and meet deadlines
- Advanced problem solving ability implemented by strong research and investigation skills
Full-Time fixed term position
The work remuneration and employment period will follow the internal policy and regulations of the institution. Please submit your academic qualification, resume (with a profile photo) and a cover letter in Chinese and English outlining your skills and experience for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.